Booksy is a Polish startup founded in 2015, offering an online platform for booking appointments and a business management system for the service industry. We are one of the fastest growing Polish companies and an international leader in the beauty industry. We operate globally and have ambitious goals!
Booksy offers a dynamic work environment and great career opportunities for people with a variety of skill sets - from IT professionals to marketers to salespeople and customer service specialists.
Regardless of the position you hold at Booksy, you make a real impact every day on the product we offer our clients!
In anticipation of increasing scale and complexity of the business we’re now looking for a Head of Operations Poland
Context on the role:
- The vision for our operational model is to enable the Sales and Customer Success teams to focus as much as possible on knowing the product inside-out, understanding in-depth the needs of our customers and combining those two elements to bring new customers to Booksy or make existing customers happy with our product
- Head of Operations will play a pivotal role in that vision by developing and operating the analytical, process and systems backbone that will underpin smooth operations of the customer-facing functions
- Head of Operations will also supervise the team in managing subscriptions invoicing, claims management and debt collection processes
- Head of Operations will also act as an aide and close collaborator for the Country Manager in identifying and developing new growth opportunities, defining and implementing change initiatives, managing the day-to-day operations of the business
- Work closely with Country Manager, Head of Sales and Head of Customer Success to ensure smooth operations of sales, customer service and supporting processes (e.g. pipeline management, planning and budgeting, reporting, quality assurance, payment collection, recruitment)
- Streamline, automate and improve processes across all the departments with focus on effectiveness and quality
- Lead pre-sales activities like lead generation and lead scoring, analytical support driving marketplace revenues (e.g. new revenue streams)
- Supervise after sales processes (subscriptions, invoicing, cash/debt collection and claims management)
- Lead projects and engage with other teams to improve the operational effectiveness of sales, customer service and supporting processes, systems and tools
- Monitor operational metrics to anticipate and mitigate performance challenges for the business
- Serve as the expert for the local market teams on sales and customer success systems, processes and tools
- Support the Country Manager in various analytical and strategic tasks (e.g. identifying new growth opportunities, budgeting, designing and calculating sales commissions, measuring the commercial impact of new initiatives, conducting competitive assessment)
- Ideally over 10 years of professional experience in process improvement, project management, analytical or consulting roles (ideally including experience in a fast-growth international business environment e.g. SaaS, marketplace or other technology business)
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills and out of the box thinking
- Passion for change management and openness to new ideas and concepts
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects involving multiple stakeholders and to measure their impact
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business strategy into effective processes, systems and tools
- Proactive and pragmatic approach with a focus on getting things done
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work across various functions
- Experience in leading teams through change
- Fluent communication in english & polish
What we offer in return:
- Being part of a rapidly growing international business on track to become a unicorn and the largest online marketplace for beauty services globally
- Working closely with other teams in a highly collaborative international environment
- Support in the development of your skills and opportunities for professional growth within the company
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) to participate in the future growth of the company value
- Perks: Private Medical Care, Multisport cards, Life Insurance, free online English lessons, cafeteria platform & many many more :)
- Contract type tailored to your needs & flexible working hours
- Flexible work opportunities & dog-friendly offices (Warsaw, Bielsko-Biała)
More about Booksy
Booksy is the leading beauty marketplace for finding, scheduling and managing appointments (with over $1.3bn annualized GMV run-rate and over 9 million bookings per month worldwide), anchored by a SaaS app for business management. The company is headquartered in the United States and has offices across 6 countries. We have been successfully delivering on the customer-first promise, with over 70% of merchants likely to recommend Booksy to a friend or colleague. Our leadership team commands a mix of track-record at highly successful startups (iTaxi, Eo Networks, Docplanner) as well as experience from leading blue-chip and consulting companies (Amazon, Google, eBay, Groupon, Wonga, McKinsey, Kearney, PwC, EY). After the merger with Versum in 2020, Booksy became a leader in the global hair & beauty market. The ultimate result of the fusion will be the biggest hair & beauty marketplace.
You might also want to know how we work together!
#1 People First - We empower and elevate the service provider, the consumer, and their communities. We build relationships and experiences and we apply a human touch to everything we do.
We live by the golden rule—treat others as you want to be treated. As we grow, we will remain authentic, transparent, and trustworthy. Not only with those we serve externally, but also how we serve each other as Booksy employees.
#2 Act Like an Owner -You’re a proud, passionate guardian delivering Booksy to the world. You follow through on your promises while taking responsibility for your actions and their results. You go the extra distance to deliver on every commitment. You make day-to-day decisions with care and ask yourself, “How can I leave things better than the way I found them?”
#3 Work as a Team - You use a broad mindset to collaborate well, and you take an interest in understanding how your team, other teams, and Team Booksy achieves success. You clear the way for others to help progress. You’re inclusive—giving credit to those who contribute and breaking down barriers between departments, groups, and people. You take care of one another and trust in each other’s ability to do their job.
#4 Shoot for the Moon - You shoot for the moon going beyond boundaries and taking a different approach when you hit obstacles. You’re ambitious in setting your sights on the best, never settling for what’s mediocre nor taking “no” for an answer. When a door shuts, break a window.
Sounds interesting? Apply by completing the recruitment form :) We're waiting for you!
~ Booksy Team